Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Fur Kids Mini Album



I've been meaning to post this project for awhile now. I started making this mini album at the big Skraptacular scrapbook event I went to a few weeks ago with Shelley. This was my project for the weekend. It will probably always be one of those works in progress as it's a book on my furkids and their funny quirks. And they have MANY quirks....LOL

On the front cover (above), I've used one of my favorite Whipper Snapper stamps as the image and oh dont you love this new EK Success Paw Print border punch I found?!?! Saweet!! The paper is a cool pattern I found of Kaiserkraft, I have to say I always fall in love with their papers.

Ok so the first page inside the book is the intro page:


These are my fur babies... aren't they sweet. First up is Timbit (Husky) and the little word bubble says "The Broken Sled Dog" Next up is Pilchard (sweet looking tabby cat) and the bubble says "The Queen Bee", then we have Monster Kitten, and the bubble says "The Brat" and then the big happy dog is Tonka and his bubble says "The horse dog" These are my fur babies. :o)

Next page, and the first "story" is of Pilchard.

It's fairly explanatory... and SO TRUE! This little cat is only sweet LOOKING!! LOL She keeps the dogs and Monster kitten in line! The images I've used here are from Penny Black and The Artistic Stamper. I was really happy with how this page turned out.

This next page is my fav of the book so far. The idea came to me and well...it worked out EXACTLY as I had planned. This is Tonka... and his BALL! LOL I've made each tennis ball with some flocked yellow paper (Thank you SHelley!!) and a white pen... I wish the photo was better and you could see the tennis balls and read the journalling as it's hilarious and well if you ever need to make a tennis ball embellishment, THIS is the way to do it!


OK! and the last page I've done is of Timbit...the Broken Sled Dog as we call her. :o) She's just so darn sweet and innocent looking that no one can get mad at her.... even when she's digging a hole in the yard.

Thank you for checking it out, hope you like it.

Tommorrow is the big day!! I'll be drawing for my candy winners (yes I said winnerSS). I've been so excited at seeing the followers jump and climb...well I'll be awarding a few batches of goodies. Some surprises! :o) Ciao for now!!!
cheri