Friday, May 30, 2014

Art Journal ~ A Girl and her Coffee

Hello everyone! Im back with another page in my Art Journal Finished (or sorta, I think I will always go back and doodle here and there on the pages!). Anyone who knows me, and even some that dont know me, are aware of my complete love affair with COFFEE! So it's only fitting that at least ONE page in my journal focuses on it! I am sure there will be more.

So this page started out as an oops! I had gessoed this page quite awhile back... and then completly forgot my head and thought I'd use some Dylusions spray inks on the gesso.. which really does not work out well as they really need a pourous surface to be vibrant. Anyhow, I had wiped the ink off and it just sorta tinted the page a brown colour. So I thought the other day I'd just work on top of it anyhow. It really was just a page I thought I'd not think much about and just DO, which is what a journal should be right?? Anyhow, here's what it looks like now.

To start off with I took some doily type stamps I had, I believe made by Kaisercraft and stamped them around the edge of the  pages, then I drew some lines to make a frame around the page, I used some distress stains to dye the border and stamped some more with script. Then I've had a few of these Bloom Girl stamps from Prima that I LOVE and was dying to use somewhere and stamped her in the bottom right corner.

Isn't she GORGEOUS?!?! Oh how I love her! I tried to color her with some of my gelatoes, but I wasn't really happy with the shading so I added some Copics on top of the gelatoes (not something I recommend to all as they will gum up your nibs, just be warned). I added some drops to the coffee spilling out of the cup on her head, I then drew another coffee mug and the steam coming out of the cups are drawn by me. I love the kind of organic look it all ended up with!

Then I started on the saying... As I've mentioned before I studied fine art and graphic design in university and fell head over heels in love with typography and creating word art. It has been a long time tho since I hand drew a title like this and I have to say, the but has bitten me and I find I'm doodling letters everywhere!
And here we are! I stamped the the top and bottom letters (Nothing and COFFEE) with an awesome Close To My Heart stamp set and the rest  of the title I hand drew. Over all, I was very happy with how this page in my journal worked out!! I hope you do!
Happy crafting! Painting! Drawing!

No comments: