Monday, February 24, 2014

Steampunk Mixed Media Journal Cover

Me again!! I am still LOVING getting my hands dirty with mixed media techniques and projects! The last two have been a couple notebooks I have recovered for some friends. This first one I made for a wonderful friend I met in an online FaceBook support group. I have fallen in love with these "strangers" whom I know consider family. I love that the social media we all use so much has brought a new way to connect with people, people you would never have met otherwise but are able to become so dear to our hearts.

I had asked Mona what her favorite colour was and she replied Green. Hmmmm..... not a colour I often use as a focal element of a project but I did enjoy using it for this. I also used Graphic 45's awesome Steampunk Debutante paper line almost exclusively on this. There are layers of papers and chipboard and crackle accents all over this. with some elements of gold thru out as well. Here's some pictures:
 This is the whole thing... I just LOVED all the elements to this paper line so I mostly used peices of different aspects to the papers as the embellishments. I mounted them on some chipboard and added TH Distress Rock Candy crackle. I've used lots of gears, both metal and cut out with the TH Sissex dies. Now I also have a bit of news....I'm not sure I'm supposed to let the cat outta the bag yet...but there just might be a new chipboard company on the horizon.... a company with fun wood elements like....
Fun right? I've also used some little CTMH wood elements, some burlap, some flowers and some spray inks and glitter sprays.... so much fun!!!
And then....I have to share one more crazy part of this decorated notebook of mine.... when it was all done and ready to be sent out to my friend, I opened it up to write a small note to her on the front page. But when I opened it, it looked funny and it too me a minute to realize that I had made the WHOLE thing without looking inside to make sure that it was the RIGHT FRIGGIN SIDE!!!! Yup, that's right, I made it backwards! Ugh!!! I don't know what I can or should blame it on this time... Fibro fog? Pain Brain? whatever it is... I was SO upset at first, then I just thought...whatever.... it really is a one of a kind I guess! LoL
Hope you enjoy the journal as much as I enjoyed making it!!
Cheers Everyone!

No comments: