Sunday, July 27, 2014

ART Mixed Media Canvas

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to show you my latest piece I've created. I think it might be one of my favourites I've made so far! I have signed myself up to be in a community art show here in my little hometown. It's called the Art Walk and businesses around town display local artists works, there is a passport that is handed out to people wanting to do the tour and so it gives us artist some exposure and it brings customers who may not have entered businesses before into the stores. I have thought of doing it every year and never have, this year I thought no more waiting, lets DO THIS!! So! it's helped my mojo abit to create more and more pieces for this show.
This particular piece I wanted to create something that described how I feel about art and creating. I found this quote and thought it was PERFECT for how I am feeling right now. I also wanted to join in on the challenge over at Mixed Media Monthly again. They are challenging to use something from around the house that normally is not used for art projects....and I found the perfect items!!! A paper coffee cup and some random cheap and wrecked brushes!!! Curious as to how??? Take a look....

What do you think?? I have first layered down some lace and dry wall tape, then used a memory box stencil of rays with some molding paste to add texture and interest to the background, I laid out the gathered canvas ribbon and croceted lace along the left side there. then I have cut a paper coffee cup in half and glued it down to the canvas. I have then taken some old gummed up brushes to put inside the cup, and a larger 2" bristle brush across the top of the canvas. I've also used some SRTC chipboard shapes as well as some TH grunge board shapes to again add some layers. THEN, my favorite secret weapon!!! Glue guns! I created all that dripping paint on the cup and the big brush with my glue gun. Fun right?!?! I promise to make a tutorial of that very soon. I need my room put back together!

 The quote I have done in a few different types of letters. It says Without ART the crudeness of Reality would make the WORLD Unbearable. The large  ART is created with some old Basic Grey chippies, the black plastic letters are some from Tim Holtz. Smaller black letter stickers are are from Cosmo Cricket, and they are places on this AWESOME hot pink burlap I found at Michaels!

OK! So that's it! What do you think? I'm so glad you stopped by! I hope you'll join in with me over at the Mixed Media Monthly challenge! They have fun challenges and great sponsors too!!





6 comments:

Donna B. said...

What a beautiful piece - I just love the grey and pink together! Such a creative way to use the household items. Thanks so much for joining us this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Hill Top Creations said...

Well done.. lovely piece .. take care

Lalo said...

LOVE THIS!!! How perfect for any ones craft space. So much awesome details!!!

Lalo
Mixed Media Monthly DT

Rachel said...

very pretty!! my old town used to do 'first fridays' which was a city wide art walk, i loved it!! have fun with yours! Thank you so much for playing Around the House with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Lynn K said...

Love the coffee cup to hold the brushes! Great mixed media canvas! Thanks for playing along with our Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Melanie said...

this is the cutest thing ever! Love the artists cup! Thank you for joining with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!