Saturday, January 10, 2015

Reverse Canvas ~ Family

Hello my crafty friends. It's the new year!! And it's going to be MY year! I am determined to let this be the most creative year of my life!! I hope you are ready to see EVERYTHING along the way too! I will have another post later today or tomorrow talking about the AWESOME Life Book 2015 I have signed up for but for now I have a project I finished quite some time ago last year that I had made for another member of my Fibromyalgia support Family, she FINALLY has it in her possession so I can show it to you now!
I had seen a couple *reverse canvas* projects and I was just dying to give one a try. I still have some great product from Southern Ridge Trading Co and so I wanted to highlight some of that great stuff!! (while I had to step down from the DT for a time as I was in a dark time, I'm hoping they'll have me back someday... soon?) So!! Here it is! I'll give some details below!

So, this is not the greatest picture (I'm going to have to work on my photography skills when it comes to my work), sorry bout that. I have used some metal tape, embosssed and then I used alcohol inks and black acrylic paint to distress it inside the frame, and then I've used some script design paper, with distress stain on the frame itself. That Butterfly corner piece, The Family title and the clock piece are all from Southern Ridge


I've covered them in some Glitter Ritz Purple glitter... sooo sparkly.... and then I just had fun adding STUFF that I knew my dear Traci would love. 
Okey Dokey friends! I'm gonna go back to the easle now and finish up the current painting so I can post it and tell you about the AWESOME Life Book!!!!
Thanks for looking!!!
Cheri

1 comment:

Nikki W said...

How gorgeous Cheri, I love this reverse canvas, so colorful. I bet your friend absolutely LOVES it. I did Life book 2014, it was a fantastic experience, I may sign up for 2015 too. And whats that, coming back to SRTC - that would be great, have missed you x I am so happy to hear how positive and optimistic you are at the start of this year x Cheers to you and Happy New Year x